In the patent arena, our lawyers have litigated utility and design patents cases for both plaintiffs and defendants across a number of fields, including telescopes, orientation systems, bio-medical assays, computer-related components, telecommunications and networking technology, marching band equipment, percussion audio technology, and healthcare equipment. We have also handled patent appeals before the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. We not only possess the ability to understand the complex science and technology behind these cases, but, just as importantly, we are able to explain the complexity to the lay judges and jurors who determine the outcome of patent infringement suits.
Some representative cases include:
- Representing a publicly traded company in patent infringement litigation involving hand-held celestial object locator devices and computerized telescopes.
- Representing the exclusive licensee of a United States Navy patent regarding public and private key encryption technology.
- Representing an advanced anti-proton physics company regarding inventorship of patents.
- Representing a company regarding marching band carrier technology in a patent infringement lawsuit involving multiple patents and anti-trust claims.
- Representing a company in patent infringement litigation involving consumer shelf-liner products.
- Representing a company in patent infringement disputes regarding audio technology applications.
- Representing a large computer peripheral and consumer products company regarding scroll-wheel mice technology.