Trademarks & Brands
Trademark and brand protection is a critical cornerstone of our intellectual property system. We litigate many high-stakes trademark disputes involving both infringement and dilution claims. We also counsel clients on securing and protecting their trade and service marks so that their brand maximizes its value. All in all, we recognize how both to preserve brand value and how to avoid liability for infringement.
Some notable examples include:
- Our lawyers have successfully represented a celebrity designer in a trademark interference action against a rival brand.
- We have represented one of the largest club membership retailers in the nation in bet-the-company litigation involving federal Lanham Act trade dress and misappropriation claims.
- We have litigated domain name disputes for a variety of individuals and corporations so as to protect their brands from unfair exploitation, as well as protecting defendants from the unfair over-assertion of trade marks by others.
- We have represented a famous celebrity Yogini in trademark disputes regarding yoga practices.
- We represent one of the most famous commercial illustrators, protecting his works from exploitation not only under the copyright laws but also by way of creative application of the trademark laws.
- We represent the largest garage door company in Southern California in protecting its valuable trademarks from unfair exploitation.